This is a dish that was given to me by the secretary I worked with on a consulting gig while in Dallas. Her boyfriend used to make this on a regular basis and she gave me the recipe after raving about it to me. It can be used with almost any fish, but I use Tilapia.
I usually bake this (for lack of a grill) but it can be done on the grill as well. Once I do procure myself a grill, I will test it out.
- Set your Oven to 450°
- Spray a glass baking dish with Pam and place the Tilipia Fillets in it.
- In a small sauce pan, begin melting the butter. Once it is mostly melted, and before it boils, add the lime juice.
- Pour the mixture over the Tilapia, covering the surface of each fillet as much as possible.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over each fillet
- Place the dish in the oven, uncovered, for about 12-15mins.
For my oven (the tiny apartement gas stove) I usually have to go the whole 15 as it has issues getting upto 450° and staying there. For you rich suburbanites out there, things should be ready in 12 minutes.
Serve with the side of your choice. My reccommendations:
- Pencil Asparugus sauted with salt and Olive Oil
- Green Giant Green Bean Cassarole (mmm cheesey goodness)
- Green Giant Niblet’s Corn and Butter (mmmm buttery)
- Broccoli and Cauliflour with Butter
How it comes out:
I like butter, so sometimes I make it a bit more buttery. I tend to increase the lime juice in this case as well. Usually end up using a whole lime. Half of it in the butter sauce and the other have on the final product after plating.
I also enjoy my seasoning, so I always go heavy on the Garlic Powder. Not too heavy on the Creole seasoning as it contains salt, but i tend to give it a good dusting.
Your tastes and mileage may vary.
Hope you Enjoy it!