Credit for this dish can go to the Wife, as she came up with this originally.
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 can diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 pkg of Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic minced, or 2 heaping tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 stick of butter (this is the killer, 😉 )
- In a small pan over medium heat, cook the onions in some olive oil until they are just about translucent
- Add the garlic, and saute for a few more minutes
- Add the butter
- Add the can of diced tomatoes
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste
- Cover, turn heat to low and let simmer lightly
- Cook the pasta as you would, boiling water, add some salt, cook until al dente, you know the drill
Once the pasta is cooked, take some and put it in a bowl, spooning the sauce over top. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
How it comes out:
DELICIOUS!! (see a trend forming here? 😉 )
A simple and quick dish for those nights when you don’t want to go to crazy. A buttery take on a simple marinara sauce, that adds a different flavor and texture to a traditional dish.